Monday, July 9, 2012

EFY (Especially For Youth)


This past week I got the opportunity to go to EFY! I had so much fun and felt the spirit so much! I want to talk about some things that I learned that I want to tell everyone about because I think it could help you!
                                                                     July 2, 2012  
                                                                        Day One 
       Everyone plays a piece and there are melodies in each one of us. Sometimes it doesn't feel like our self can do it or that we are not a big piece in anything but we are a piece and without you, the puzzle won't be all together. I hope you know that you play a piece in my life. Heavenly Father helps piece things together. He will be there for you. There was a challenge they gave us and it was,"Come in contact with someone this week and see them as a highly valued treasure selected by God and then treat them as such." I hope you do the same thing. I did that challenge this past week and it helped me a lot to see who they really are. We are all sons and daughters of God. We are important.
       We had a devotional about having faith in Jesus Christ. It says that faith is of action and power. With even your strongest faith, God will not always reward you immediately according to your desires.God lets you struggle for a long time before that answer comes. That causes your faith to increase and your character to grow. You brought your faith when you came to Earth.

 I want to show you some of the most AMAZING people I have ever met! The bottom one is our company and a company is 2 or 3 little group that combine together to make a company. I grew so close to them in only 5 days! I miss them all so much!
These are all the girls in our company. Most AMAZING girls ever! I grew so close to all of them. There light shines off of them. They will help you if you are having a bad day. I know that I was struggling with friends and ever since they found out, they always came and gave me a hug and said you are pretty and you are my friend. I don't know if they know how much that meant to me. I would tell you all there names but you wouldn't know what name goes to what face.

 These are the AMAZING Boys! I miss them so much too! I want to thank them for talking all to me and becoming my best friends. You helped me so much. You guys didn't know that I had friends problems but you guys just acted so nice to me and I have never felt so loved. I hope you know that they play a big part in my life. They helped me to change my life!
T.his is the picture of our company. They are all like family to me. I know that they know that this gospel is true. They have said it and I can see it. I know that the gospel is true. I loved going to EFY because they are all there for the same reason. They are all there to feel the spirit. It is really nice to know that there is someone else out there that has the same standards and is the same age as me. I am so grateful for them!   

These are the most amazing people I have ever met! They helped me change my life! They were a great example to me and I have never felt so loved from anyone besides my family. They helped me to become a better person. I miss them so much already but I know I will see each and everyone on of them again. I also want to thank my little group. You guys are so awesome. When you guys gave devotional, it touched me because you knew it was true and that you are hear to feel the spirit. I am grateful for your examples!
                                                              
July 3, 2012
Day Two
      The devotional that we had today was about Shine Forth...Thy Light. Be Thou an Example.The scripture for this years theme is in the Book of Mormon in Doctrine and Covenants 115:5 Which Says, "Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard unto all the nations." I really like that scripture. This scripture is a call for us. It is a call to share this light with others.  I know that I try the best I can to be a light unto others and it can sometimes be difficult. I love my Savior! 
      Some spoke to us about the same thing. It says that your light never faileth. Our gospel light radiates through us to others around us. be a good friend and share you light. By the way you live the gospel, you reflect Heavenly Father's light. We need to look to the Lord to get past temptations. Even though life is hard, the Lord will help us get through it. Just pray to Him. He will help you. I know from experience. it says your example will have a powerful effect for good on earth. I really like what they said here, they said Even if your light doesn't get bigger but the worlds light gets darker then it will seem that your light will be brighter. I really like that and I know that is true. I know that my light may not be as bright but as the world is getting more and more dark, that my light seems bright. 
      That night we had one of our counselors( leaders) give another devotional. The devotional was on obedience. It says Obedience is the first law of heaven. It is an act of faith. You may sometimes be required  to do things you do not completely understand. As you obey, you increase your faith, knowledge, wisdom, testimony, protection, and freedom. It says that as you keep the commandments that is will make you happier. I know that is true. I know that I have better days at school if I don't break one. I hope that you will be a light and will obey so that Heavenly Father can be with you. 
        I want to let you know that the Savior lives. He created this whole earth for us. I know that we can be with Him again. I know that I can Arise and Shine forth and be a standard unto other. I know that I can be a missionary and I want people to see my light in me. I know that He will bless you if you obey Him and have Faith. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

                                                         I will post the other days later. Thanks!:)

2 comments: