Friday, September 28, 2012

Seminary!

Hello! I am so sorry I haven't blogged in a long time!! School started little over a month ago and I have had a lot of homework, but I am going to try to blog every weekend!

So Since school has started up again I want to talk about seminary a little. Seminary is a purpose is to help youth understand and rely on teaching of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. You attend Seminary when you get into High School. This year we are in the New Testament and I have to say I was really really excited for this year of seminary because we learn all about Christ. Seminary has strengthened my life so much! This is my second year of seminary and even though it is early in the morning, it is worth going because I come closer to Christ and by going to seminary, it helps my day at school go so much better!! Something that I really like that our Prophet Thomas S. Monson said was, "As with anything in life, much of what you take from your seminary experience depends on your attitude and your willingness to be taught. May your attitude be one of humility and a desire to learn. Seminary can change lives." I strongly agree with what Thomas S. Monson said. I know for sure it has changed my life.


I want to share some of the scriptures that really touched me so far in Seminary this year. One of the scriptures I like is Matthew 5: 14-16 which says:
      14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
      15 neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; can it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
      16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good words, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven. 
         These scripture touch me every time I read it. It makes me realized my actions and being an example is very important. I know that I need to let my light shine so that others can see it. Something that was mentioned in seminary that I thought was really cool was that even if your light is not getting brighter, the worlds light is getting darker, so your light makes it shine really bright compared to the world. I think it is so true and I know as I go through school, that I try to be the best example that I can be! We were talking about this scripture and they asked how reading your scriptures help you. I thought for a minute and I realized that if we read our scriptures that our light will be brighter and that we will be able to teach people the gospel. I know that it is really important to be an example at school!
      Another scripture that really hit me was was in St Mark 5:36 it talks about not to be afraid but to believe. I love that because I know that sometimes I am afraid to share the gospel with others because I feel like they will make fun of me. I have learned through seminary that if we believe and have faith and you read your scriptures and you pray to your Heavenly Father that he will help us to not be afraid. I know that by doing this I have been able to share the gospel with my friends at school.
    Another scripture that really helps me get though school is in St John 14:27
         14 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
      This has really help me through school and through hard times in life. I know that He gives me peace when I really need it. Lately I have been really stressed from having 4-5 hours of homework every night. Lately I have been getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night because of staying up late for homework then waking up early for seminary. I know that as I go to seminary, that he helps me function through school and be able to stay up to do my homework. I am so grateful for our Savior and all that he helps me with.
           I just want to say that seminary will change your life and it helps you feel closer to Heavenly Father. I know that Christ will help us through trials and he will help us through school. I want you to know that your Heavenly Father loves you unconditionally! One scripture that has helped me through everything is D&C 100:12 which talks about that Heavenly Father is with you even unto the end. That scripture helped me through some of the trials I have had recently because it lets me know that Heavenly Father is always there for me and will never leave my side. He will help guide me though life and he will help me get through trials. I know that as I attend seminary this year that I will grow closer to him and will feel his love. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and I love him so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment