Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our True Identity!


I really love this Mormon Message. I think everyone needs to hear this. I want to talk a little about what it says. It says that sometimes we don't know who we really are. I know that you are a beautiful and wonderful son or daughter of God. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This Mormon Message is about the story of the Ugly Duckling. It talks about how the little duckling got made fun of because he was ugly and different. Then he walked away and when he looked up he saw a flock of swans. My favorite part is when he goes into the water and he looks down in the water and sees that he is a beautiful swan and he discovered who he really is. I know that we feel like we are the ugly duckling. Don't ever feel like that. You are all beautiful!!! You should feel like a swan. We are all daughters and sons of God. This knowledge that we have chances everything, it changes your present, your future and it can change the world. I hope you all know your true identity. It says, if we only understood who we really are and what is in store for us that our hearts would overflow with gratitude and happiness. It would enlighten in the darkest soul of our hearts. Influences and people will tell you that you can't be swans. They will tell you that you are an ugly duckling and can't be anything else. That is NOT true!!! You all are beautiful swans! You should strive to recognize who you really are. I hope you know how wonderful and beautiful you are. I know that if we tell ourselves that we are swans, then it will help you when those influences tell you otherwise, because you know inside that you are a swan.    I hope you will look in the mirror and know that you are a daughter or son of God and nothing will stop me from knowing that I am a swan!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Sierra! Good luck on the new venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post! It's so great to remember how awesome we are just by pure design. And then, added to that is the infinite, un-imagineable amount of love Heavenly Father and Jesus both have for us! It's mind-blowing!

    To think that this earth is not our natural habitat, but that we truly belong in higher spheres is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete