Monday, March 26, 2012

Young Women's Conference


Sister Elaine S. Dalton, The Young Women's President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, gave a talk at the Young Women's conference on Saturday. There were more talks given but I am going to share hers today with you.

Sister Dalton said that these days should not be forgotten, that these are your days. You should Arise and Stand forth that your light may be a standard for the nations. Something that stuck out to me is that we are to be a standard of holiness for ALL the world to see. I know that is true and we should let people see our holiness. Another thing that stuck out to me is she said, "I hope you all know that your beauty does not lie in makeup, or the latest clothing or hairstyle, but it lies in your personal purity." I think that is really important to know that because girls get caught up in what they look in physical appearances and not their spiritual appearances. I know that you are all beautiful but your spirit is even more wonderful. When you live the standards and qualify for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, then you can have a powerful impact in the world. Your example, even the light in your eyes will influence others who see your shine and they will want to become like you. I really like this line she says, YOU WERE BORN TO LEAD! That is so true. I hope you know you were all born to lead. She said that the temple should be our goal. Don't lose sight of your goals. It is HIS light who we must hold up and reflect.


 I hope that you know that you are beautiful and wonderful. I know that Christ lives and He lives in YOU! I know you may get made fun of for physical appearances but know that your spirit is more beautiful and strong. Know that you can always pray for guidance of the Holy Ghost to help you. I know that this church is true and stand up for what you believe.



                I also wanted to share this Mormon Message that went with the Young Women's Broadcast. I hope you listen to it and learn from it. I really like this one because We should arise and shine forth!!!! I know some of you may struggle of being one of few members at your school but arise and shine forth. You can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment