Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Last Day of For Strength of Youth

Sorry I haven't blogged for a few days. I have been really busy.
Tithes and Offerings:
The scripture that goes with this is Malachi 3:10- Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,... and prove me now herewith,saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing. It says choosing to live the law of tithing will be a great blessing throughout your life. I have an experience of paying tithing. Since I babysit, I have the choice to spend all of it on something, but since I pay tithing, I set out 10% for tithing then I spend what is left on what I want. Since I pay my tithing, I have been blessed by people calling me more to babysit. Paying tithing is a sacred privilege. When you pay your tithing, you show gratitude for all that God has given you and return to Him a portion of what you have received. Tithing is used to build temples and meetinghouses, translate and publish the scriptures, do missionary and family history work, and in other ways build God's Kingdom on earth. Your attitude is important in paying tithing. You should be willing to pay tithing with a willing heart instead of complaining about paying tithing. Paying tithing will help you develop faith, overcome selfishness, and be more receptive to the Spirit. Obey the law of the fast by fasting each month. I am grateful for fasting. Fast Sunday is usually on the first Sunday of each month. A proper fast day observance includes not eating or drinking for two consecutive meals and giving a generous fast offering to help care for those in need. You should fast with a purpose. You should begin and end your fast with prayer, expressing gratitude and asking for help with special needs you or others may have. Fasting will strengthen your self-discipline, fortify you against temptations, and bring the Lord's blessings into your life. I am grateful that we get to fast. It can be hard sometimes but I know it is right to fast. As you obey the law of tithing and the law of the fast, the Lord will bless you both spiritually and temporally.
Work and Self-Reliance:
The scripture in here is Doctrine and Covenants 60:13- Thou shalt no idle away thy time neither shalt thou bury thy talent. Work is honorable. Learning to work begins in the home. I challenge you that if you see something that could be cleaned up like the laundry, the dishes, your room, etc., to just clean it up without asking. I know that I did this and I realized how much it helped out my family. Help your family by willingly participating in the work necessary to maintain a home. You should learn early to handle your money wisely and live within your means. I know that since I used my money wisely, that my parents said that I could go to EFY(especially for youth) which is a church camp type thing. I am excited to go and meet new people. It says to follow the teachings of the prophets by paying your tithing, avoiding dept, and saving for the future.  You should set high goals for yourself, and be willing to work hard to achieve them.  So your best in Church callings, schoolwork, employment, and other worthwhile pursuits. Heavenly Father has given you gifts and talents and knows what you are capable of achieving. Seek His help and guidance as you work to achieve your goals. I know that I am working really hard right now to save up for a violin. One of my talents is music and so I am striving to save my money for one. I am grateful that I get the opportunity to work and strive to work for something. The Lord has commanded us not to be idle. One form of idleness is spending excessive amounts of time in activities that keep you from productive work, such as using the Internet, playing video games, and watching television. Do not waste your time and money in gambling. It is false to believe that you can get something for nothing. One of the blessings of work is developing self-reliance. Self-reliance does not mean that you must be able to do all things on your own. To be truly self-reliant, you must learn how to work with others and turn to the Lord for His help and strength. Remember that God has a great work for you to do. He will bless you in your efforts to accomplish that work. I hope that you are all working hard. I know that it can be hard sometimes but if you think who you are helping, then it changes your perspective. I hope you are all using your money wisely.
Go Forward with Faith:
A scripture that goes with this is Alma 37:6- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. To help you become all that the Lord wants you to become, kneel each morning and night in prayer to your Father in Heaven. Express to Him your gratitude and the desires of your heart. You should study the scriptures each day and to apply whatever you read, to your life. Strive each day to be obedient. You should remember the covenants that you have made and have the opportunity to renew each week when you partake of the sacrament. You need to strive to keep these covenants I talked about. If you make a mistake, then don't give up on yourself. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to seek His help and to keep trying. You should attend the temple, when possible, and feel the you and peace that comes from serving in the house of the Lord. Be humble and willing to listen to the Holy Ghost and respond to His promptings. As you do these things, that the Lord will make much more out of your life that you can by yourself. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges. You will gain a stronger testimony and find true joy as you come to know your to know your Father in Heaven and His son, Jesus Christ, and feel Their love for you.

I want to bear my testimony that I know all these things are true. I strive to do all these things, so that I can become more like him. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that my Father in Heaven is watching over me and he helps me with my trials. I know that He loves you and I so much! I know that we have a prophet on this earth today. I know that He will come again. I know that even if I mess up in my life, that I can repent of it and that He still loves me. This I say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Doctrine and Covenants 115:5- Verily I say unto you all: Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations.

IF YOU WANT TO READ THE FOR STRENGTH OF YOUTH FOR YOURSELF CLICK ON THIS LINK: https://www.lds.org/youth/for-the-strength-of-youth?lang=eng

                 ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment