Monday, February 13, 2012

We got the New for Strength of Youth Booklets yesterday! I was so excited! I wanted to talk about some of the things in The For Strength of Youth.
Agency and Accountability:
I really like this scripture 2 Nephi 2:27- Wherefore,men... are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death. In The For Strength of Youth it says that Heavenly Father has given you agency to choose right from wrong. I really like this because lately I have tried to get an inactive girl to come to seminary and I have tried everything and her parents have to but she has the agency to choose not to come. I have really struggled with this because she knows so much about the gospel but doesn't want to come to seminary. I have the agency to go to seminary every morning and I am grateful for that. What also plays into this is that it says you are responsible for the choices you make. Even though she is not picking the best choice, I have faith she will come again. But, I am responsible to encourage her to come to seminary. Another thing it says is that we are also responsible for developing the talents and abilities Heavenly Father has given us. Yesterday, someone in our ward that is a senior in high school, that is getting baptized on Saturday, asked me if I would play  the piano for her baptism. I feel very honored to play the piano for her baptism and so I had the agency to choose whether I wanted to play for her baptism. I am glad that we have agency to make good choices. I hope that you will use agency in a good way.
Dating:
I want to share another scripture Doctrine and Covenants 88:40- Virtue loveth virtue: light cleaveth unto light. So it says that we should not date till we are 16 and that when we do date that we should go on double dates. It says that we should not steady date till we are older so that you can keep our moral standards. I am not 16 and so I have not had this experience yet, but it gives me something to look forward to. I encourage that when you do turn 16 that you go on double dates to keep your high moral standards. This is really important to live by. 
Dress and Appearance:
Another scripture I like is 1 Corinthians 3: 16-17 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?... The temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. It says that your body is sacred and you should respect it. I have had an experience with this one. We had an eighth grade breakfast before we moved on to high school and so we were suppose to dress up for this. Well, I went dress shopping and I would like a dress and try it and see that it went above the knees or I needed a shawl thing to go over the dress and none matched or worked. I was thinking is it going to be impossible to find a dress? I came discouraged until I found this dress that was perfect. It went below that knees and had a shawl thing that matched it. I was so glad that I kept my standards because even though it was one day, I wanted to keep my standards. It says that we should never lower your standards of dress for any special occasion. It says that being immodest will send a message that you are using your body to get attention and approval. It also says that you should never disfigure yourself with tattoos or body piercings. If women get piercings in the ear, we should only have one pair of earrings. You should show respect for the Lord and yourself by dressing appropriately for Church meetings and activities.

I will post more about the For Strength of Youth Booklet  tomorrow. Thanks! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment