Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More about the For Strength of Youth Day 3

Gratitude:
In Doctrine and Covenants 78:19 it says- He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious.It says that the Lord wants you to have a sprirt of gratitude in all you do and say. You should live in the spirit of thanksgiving daily. I have tried that challenge and I realized how much it blessed my life. Also, it will make you feel grateful for everything we have and realized how much He has given you. In young women's, we were challenged to write 100 things we are grateful for. I was grateful for that challenge because when I was working on it, it made me think how much I have. It says that gratitude will turn your heart to the Lord and help you recognize His influence and blessings in your life. It says, in your prayers, pour out your heart to your Father in Heaven in thanks for the blessings you have received. You can also express gratitude to the Lord by the way you live. Express your gratitude to others for the many ways they bless your life. I am grateful for everyone and I am grateful for YOU! I am grateful for Jesus Christ ,and the scriptures,and for personal progress, and the church, etc.
Honesty and Integrity:
The scripture it has in here is Exodus 20: 15-16- Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt no bear false witness. It says that we should be honest with yourself, others, and God at all times. So being honest, that means no lying. stealing, cheating. or deceive in any way. Dishonesty harms you and harms others as well. I hope you are all honest. I know how important this one is. It says being honest will enhance your future opportunities and your ability to be guided by the Holy Ghost. Honesty is tied in with integrity. Integrity means thinking and doing what is right at all times, no matter what the consequences. Choose to live so that your thoughts and behavior are always in harmony with the gospel.
Language:
The scripture that goes with it is Ephesians 4:29- Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good. I know that teenagers really struggle with this. I know it is impossible not to hear it at school but I advise you that you need to tell your friends to not cuss in front of you. I did that and they respected me. It says you need to choose friends who use good language. You need to help others improve their language by your example. Speak kindly and positively. I hope you don't cuss and if you do, then today is the day to stop. Choose no to insult others or put them down, even in joking. ALWAYS use the names of God and Jesus Christ with reverence and respect.It says remember that these standards for your use of language apply to all forms of communication, including texting on a cell phone or communicating over the internet. If you have been cussing then pray to Heavenly Father for help and guidance.  I hope you all know how important no to use language is. I know I have been blessed by choosing friends that don't cuss around me. I know that I hear it in the hallway but I can't help that because there is so many people, that I don't know who said it.
Music and Dancing:
A scripture I want to share with you is Doctrine and Covenants 136:28- Praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing. It says that music can enrich your life. It can edify and inspire you and help you draw closer to Heavenly Father. Choose carefully the music you are listening to. I know that people have the tendency to listen to just the music and not the words. Then, when they listen to the words to the music, they realize they having been listening to not the best song. Some music can carry evil and destructive messages. Do not listen to music that encourages immorality or glorifies violence through its lyrics, beat, or intensity. I know that if I have the radio on and it says a cuss word on it or something, I immediately turn it off and think of a hymn. It says to learn and sing the hymns. Hymns can lift your spirit, move you to righteous action, and help you  withstand the temptations of the adversary. When you are listening to music, be courteous to those around you. Remember that the Spirit speaks with a till, small voice.Dancing can be fun and can provide an opportunity to meet new people. Dances can be misused. Attend only those dances where dress, grooming, lighting, lyrics, music, and entertainment contribute to a wholesome atmosphere where the Spirit may be present. I love going to church dances. They help me to get to know new people but have Heavenly Father and the Spirit with me.
I will have more tomorrow! So sorry this is taking so long! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment